When: Saturday, October 13, 2012Where: Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda
TEDxBermuda will once again bring people together to share big ideas from Bermuda and beyond. Join us Saturday, October 13 at the Fairmont Southampton as we host local and international luminaries for an afternoon of insightful presentations and inspiring performances.
Some of the guest speakers scheduled to appear include:
- Jessica Lewis, Bermudian Paralympian, on making it to London 2012
- Ross Stein, a geophysicist and one of the world’s most cited experts on earthquake science, who will explain how we can better forecast and manage the threat of earthquakes
- Sossina Haile, a professor of Materials Science and Chemical Engineering who is working towards a carbon-neutral world by turning CO2 into fuel
- Norman Seeff, a world-renowned filmmaker and photographer who has dedicated much of his life to better understanding the creative process
- Hanli Prinsloo, freediving record holder and conservationist, on human connection to the sea: “I am Water”
- Peter Bentley, on “Embracing Chaos”—why science must learn from the randomness of nature
The first two TEDxBermuda events were an acclaimed success, and we expect this event will be our best yet. Keep an eye on the website for updates on speakers and early-bird tickets.
For media enquiries please contact Kendaree, Press Officer, via email@example.com.
TEDxBermuda is an independently organised event, operated under licence from TED, in the spirit of “Ideas worth spreading.”
This event is produced with the generous support of our sponsors:
Presenting Partner: Catlin Bermuda Host Partners: Capital G Bank Limited and PartnerRe Benefactors: BELCO, CellOne, HSBC, RenaissanceRe and XL Visionary: North Rock In Kind: Bermuda Sun and Island Press